Pages

October 29, 2013

2

Today, my baby girl turns 2 years old on the other side of the world.  Actually- where she is her birthday is almost over.  My prayer since we accepted her referral was for her to be home by her birthday and not have to spend another one in an orphanage.  But, that was not God's plan, and while I am sad that she spent yet another birthday without her family- I know that God is still good, and I am thankful for her sweet nanny loving her while we aren't there.  She is her momma for now, and I am grateful.  This day brings mixed emotions.  Sadness that my sweet girl isn't here, yet joy that she is going to be home soon and this was the last birthday spent without a big celebration, Coalson style(birthdays are a big deal around here)! And then sadness again when I think about her birth momma and what this day means for her. We are two women, who share a love for one little girl, and today we are probably feeling many of the same emotions, as we are both without her.  I just cannot imagine- but I am so thankful for the choice that she made.  I am so grateful for her sacrifice of love, and I pray that she knows how dearly loved her precious little girl is.  So, while I would love for this post to be adorned in pictures of my girl in a tutu and eating cupcakes here with us and I could tell you what all her favorite things are- I am praying and loving her from across the world today.  Happy 2nd Birthday precious girl! We love you so much and we can't wait to hold you soon!!

3 comments:

  1. That is so hard Stephanie! Praying she is home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry she's not home yet Stephanie. I know how it pains the heart. You've waited so long, with so much faith and trust. Praying she is home soon!

    ReplyDelete