Pages

June 7, 2011

Beach Getaway!

After 7 long months of paperwork, my hubby planned a getaway for us to celebrate getting on the waitlist.  He surprised me with a 2 day trip to the Outer Banks here in NC.  The Outer Banks are quickly becoming one of our favorite places to go, and it's only 3 hours from us!  Love that we can now get to the beach so quickly!  So we got up super early Thursday morning and set out for the beach.  We got there around 9 and spent the rest of the day on the beach, enjoying the sunshine and the ocean.  We even got to see some dolphins swim by!! There is just something about the beach that does my heart good, it's so calming and relaxing and I think it's one of God's most beautiful creations.  We definitely enjoyed ourselves and celebrated finally getting on the waitlist!  We kept asking each other, "can you believe we actually on the list? We're closer now than we've ever been!"  Such a great feeling!  Here's some pictures from our little getaway.

Sporting my awesome new  Got Love? beach bag from Minus 1 Project!


Our amazing view for the day!


Beautiful Currituck Lighthouse









This is the 2nd oldest working lighthouse in the country, and the oldest working in NC

so beautiful!!

Bodie Island Lighthouse
(this was my fav!)

Such a beautiful place!  So nice to get away with my sweet hubby for a few days and relax without thinking about paperwork :)  Ready to enjoy the rest of the wait!

3 comments:

  1. I love the lighthouses of NC! You guys are tooo cute! You have an awesome hubs that planned a surprise get-a-way!

    We have quite a wait ahead of us, but we'll make it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph- love the photos! The Bodie Island lighthouse is the first lighthouse Paul and I visited together on our very first beach trip way back in 2005! :) Glad you guys got to go! We have to visit Ocracoke next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woops-I am signed in as Paul...that message was from ERIKA! :) Haha.

    ReplyDelete