Pages

August 27, 2013

Ready

Today, I am ready. Ready for my daughter to be home.  I am over this process, over the waiting, and just ready to hold my little girl every day.  In my last post I was a little more upbeat about the waiting, but now I am just over it.  Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since we passed court, 4 weeks since I last held her and kissed her sweet little cheeks.  4 weeks and no word on whether our case has made any progress on the Embassy side.  I knew that this step would take longer, I thought I was prepared for that. Maybe it's that we haven't heard anything at all that's driving me nuts, maybe it's the fact that she should be here with us, she is our daughter now, maybe it's the fact that one of her roommates is coming home on Thursday(and I am beyond thrilled for her!!), maybe it's the fact that she will be 22 months old on Thursday and yet another month has gone by and she's not here.  I don't want this to sound like a pity party, and maybe it does, but this is just real. This is real life that we are going through right now.  We are living in a broken world, and my daughter, who never should have had to feel the pain of being an orphan in the first place but she did, and now she's not anymore, is still sitting in an orphanage without the love of a family, because we are waiting on paperwork! Paperwork! That is all that is standing between us and her right now- and that is driving me nuts! It shouldn't be this way.  But it is, and we continue to wait, continue to pray, and continue to trust God and his plans for our family, and our precious little girl.  His plans are good and perfect, and while I can't see any good coming from her still being in an orphanage on the other side of the world, I know that it's there, and just because I can't see it doesn't mean that it isn't there.  That is why God is God, and I am not.  But it doesn't take away the hard, or the longing for her to be here and us not miss another second of her life.  Please continue to pray for us and with us, I know so many of you are and it is so encouraging! She is worth every second of this wait and we would do it again in a heartbeat, we are just ready for her to be HOME!! Still praying she will be here before her birthday in October- hoping for good news soon!

2 comments:

  1. Steph, just know that so many are still praying each and every day for sweet little Ryah to be home in her mom and dad's arms. Just think of how long and what all you & Aaron have been through....The good news about these last 4 weeks is that it is 4 weeks closer to going and getting Ryah....which means anytime now...anytime now...you will get that call. Keep looking up to the Heavens and you will find God right there....right there, being faithful.
    We are getting so excited for you guys and pray each day and then some that "the day" will come quickly but also in His time.....We love you and you have shown us so much of God's love and so much of His beauty during these 3 years of this crazy long process...Thanks for sharing your heart...love Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it sounds like a pity party I think it sounds like you're being real! and even if you wanted to have a pity party that is ok too because it sucks! Waiting sucks! I can't imagine how much harder it is when you know she is yours and you just want her home. You're almost there, hang in there, each day is bringing you closer. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete