Pages

October 16, 2011

1 Year

Today marks one year since we officially started down this road of adoption!  I can't believe that this time last year we had just said a prayer and sent in that pre-application to see if we would even qualify to work with AGCI.  This year has literally flown by, and for that I am grateful.  I know when we started out last year that we were extremely optimistic about where we would be in the process this year, we thought we would be a lot closer to seeing that precious face.  But...the paperwork took longer then we anticipated, and we ended up getting in the official waiting game a little "late" according to our timeline.  However, God placed us exactly where we needed to be on that list, and all those little bumps we hit leading to the paperwork taking longer, are eventually going to match us with the child God had picked out before time even began; before adoption was even a thought in our mind.  How awesome is that?  That is what we are clinging to right now.  We know we still have a long road ahead, and this year we are still being optimistic, that we will have seen that face by this time next year.  We(really me) is praying that this year goes by just as fast, even without all the paperwork and deadlines to look forward to and keep us pushing on.  I know I shouldn't wish the time away, and I'm really not, because of my last post. I know that God is teaching us right now, and has designed this so that we would seek to have more of Him during this time.  So I'm not wishing the time away, just that we would have much to keep us busy, and that we would get as much out the time as possible, all the while making it go by fast :)  And judging by life lately, that shouldn't be a problem!  We have learned so much in this one year, and we can't wait to see what God has planned for the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment