Pages

October 14, 2011

More of Him

Life is busy, as usual.  At the moment, I am thankful for this busyness.  I am thankful that we are going full speed ahead, living life right now, because if we weren't I would constantly be dwelling on the fact that my heart is on the other side of the world and there's nothing I can do about it.  If we weren't I might be a sad person dwelling on the fact that our baby isn't home yet and we still have a long way to go.  But...I'm not.  Yes, those things do creep into my mind more often than I would like right now, but having never done this before, I assume it comes with the territory.  I was listening to a sermon on prayer a few days ago, one that I have heard several times already(it's just that good!) and I am amazed that every time I hear it, something different jumps out at me.  This time, it was that during this waiting time, God is seeking to give me more of himself.  And I desperately want and need this.  It's the only way I can get through the weeks and months ahead.  God has specifically designed this circumstance for my sanctification, and to allow me to experience more of him.  How awesome is that?  I am just more and more amazed by the love we have from the Father more and more every day.  My heart continues to be full because even during this time, when some days I think it's about me getting a baby, God continually shows me that it's about me getting more of Him, and out of that flows my love for the orphan. Seriously? SO GOOD!! So today, I am thankful for the busyness, I am thankful that God is revealing himself to me a little more each day, and I am thankful that I am learning.  Learning what it's like to truly lean on Him, learning to truly make Him my strength and my portion.

PS- courts opened on Wednesday after being closed for nearly 2 months for the rainy season, yay!! Hopefully this means that things will pick up a little now, although there has already been a bit of a buzz around our list serve over the past week, including some very good friends of ours making it to the number one spot! Can't wait to hear of their referral! And we're also pretty excited about our October numbers that we will hopefully be posting soon! Happy Weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. Your perspective is very inspirational--that this isn't really about adoption, it's about God and His love and promises and what we can learn from them. It's a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete