Pages

January 24, 2011

Blessed

God is SO good!  I am already beginning to see how much of an emotional roller coaster this process is going to be.  I love how God works though.  Just when I was beginning to get a little discouraged that our latest fundraiser wasn't going as well as I'd hoped, God reminds us who he is and blesses our socks off.  I went to the mail box today expecting one thing, and got something totally different.  We received a generous donation from someone we didn't expect. Over the past couple days we have received a few donations that were above and beyond what we expected.  Just when I needed a little reminder to keep going, God reminded me that he is faithful and this baby is coming home on his terms, in his time, and in HIS power!  So many people(some we have never even met) have already played a huge part in our family's story, and we are so thankful!  We have some great fundraisers in the works, one being an acoustic artist that we've been listening to for a while agreeing to do a free concert for us to raise money, we were chosen as a partner family to sell some adoption t-shirts in a few months, and I heard yesterday that a woman that goes to church with my mother in law in Georiga would like to host a catalog party for us and give us all the proceeds from the night.  We are so BLESSED!! How can I doubt that God is going to fund this adoption? Just tonight I received an email from someone I've never met but has been following our blog and praying for us and wanted to donate to our fundraiser. 
         It brings tears to my eyes thinking about all of this and how God is going to make this adoption come about.  We are just incredibly blessed and I can't say thank you to our Father enough.  I admit that I have started getting baby fever over the past couple weeks(a little early, I know!), and this process seems much more real now that we're getting closer to the waitlist.  It seems like the end(even though it's a good ways away) is in sight now.  I am imagining that at this point there is a good possibility that our child has been conceived, and we just can't get there fast enough.  But for right now I am resting in God's faithfulness, praising him for his goodness, and thanking him for the more than enough reminders to keep going.

The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him. Nahum 1:7

4 comments:

  1. How exciting!! We are adopting too, just getting started. And (shhhh), I am also 23, ha! ;-)

    Can't wait to follow along on your journey.

    Much love,
    Future Mama
    http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful surprise! I am glad you got the encouragement you needed. This journey we are on is full of bumps you can't expect- but also full of joys you can't believe! Our Lord has not called us on an easy road- but He fully plans to meet every one of our needs while we are on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you guys. You should come "home" to hold AR and spike that "baby fever" even higher!
    -meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!! And love seeing how God provides!! And LOVE this amazing adoption journey that we're on! SO glad we all have each other for support and encouragment!! :)

    ReplyDelete