Pages

November 7, 2010

Orphan Sunday

   Today is Orphan Sunday.  Wow, I just wrote that and realized that this is the first Orphan Sunday I've really paid attention to.  Sure, I've recognized it before, but this year it means so much more.  I think it's God's good timing that this just happened to come along a few days after our approval.  I've been thinking about our baby all morning, and I couldn't help but get a little emotional as we were singing Come thou fount during worship this morning: "I was lost in utter darkness til your love came and set me free!" God is good and gracious, and because of His love there will be one less orphan to feel like they're lost in the darkness, forgotten.   

    I want to challenge each of you reading this to think on the gospel today, and God's command that we care for the orphans.  Our Father says that pure religion is taking care of the orphan's and widows in their distress(James 1:27).  Pray about what this means for your family, there are 147 million orphans in this world with no family to love them, what are we going to do about it? It's so awesome to see an adoption community forming around us here, I can't wait for all these beautiful babies to be home! I'm going to leave you with one of the videos that inspired us to start seriously considering adoption NOW and not later down the road.  Get your tissues and your heart ready, you might be the next ones to sign up :)



No comments:

Post a Comment