Pages

November 2, 2010

Approved!!

We have been waiting anxiously all weekend for the beginning of the week to arrive so that we could hopefully get our official approval.  Monday we hit one more little speed bump so we knew that today could be the day.  I tried hard all day not to stare at my phone while I was teaching the kiddos.  Finally,on my way home from school, just as I was about to pull in the driveway, my phone rang and it was the call!! We have officially been accepted and can finally get this show on the road! Yay!! We are beyond excited and so relieved that we can finally tell people.  I've been calling friends and family all afternoon and have gotten a great response.  It's so awesome to see so many people already give us their support with this announcement.  We've ordered our adoption announcements and hope to get those in the mail soon to help us get the word out.  One of our first fund-raising opportunities will happen this weekend at the SEBTS Craft and Bake Sale.  I was originally just doing this for fun, but now the proceeds will be going towards our adoption.  I will be at a table with several others adoptive moms and we're all raising money to bring our babies home, it's so exciting!! So if you're in the RDU area come out Saturday and see us from 9-3 in the SEBTS gym!

12 comments:

  1. I saw your blog over on Rebekah's and came over to say hello! We are also adopting from Ethiopia through AGCI! so great to "meet" another family, can't wait to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! Welcome to the agci family :)
    We got our referral last week for a 10 month old little boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! So excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stephanie!! Coming over from Rebekah's blog! So nice to "meet" ya'll! We are an AGCI family on the waitlist for our baby girl! So excited to follow your journey! Love that you are already taking pics of this journey...we did too! So fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! I am so happy for you- it is such a great feeling to get going! It will be enjoyable to follow along with your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So excited to follow along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! Love that we're already getting so much support, God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I met you at Steph's adoption yardsale on Saturday...we were in small group with Bekah, Heather, and Steph. So happy that you are choosing to adopt and will be anxious to follow along on your journey and pray for you along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephanie I saw the announcement on Rebekahs blog and I got the orphan care e-mail that had you guys name mentioned in it. We are so so excited for you guys! yay for families choosing adoption as a first choice! Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome!!! just saw your announcement on FB and thought I'd check out your post. that's wonderful news! i'll be at a table at the bake sale saturday too so i'll come by to visit. congrats again! see you tomorrow with the kiddos!

    Erin Boone

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stephanie! How exciting! Paul told me when he got home from work and then I found your blog. We are both super excited for you guys and baby! What an amazing journey this will be. I pray that God will reveal Himself to you both in ways you can't even imagine. We will be praying with you guys through it all-keep us updated!

    Paul will get back to Aaron to see what we can do to help practically!

    and again, Congrats and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete